Here is a list of the top 5 things a good massage therapist wants you (or should want you) to know:
- Didn’t shave your legs? NO PROBLEM. We don’t care. Heck, I honestly don’t even notice. I’m thinking about your muscles and fascia, yada yada yada, so don’t stress it.
- Don’t think I’m using enough pressure? Alternately – think you might implode from to much pressure? PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I know what an average pressure is, but everyone is so different. Please tell me if you would like more or less pressure, you won’t hurt my feelings!
- Want a quiet massage? TELL ME! I personally typically start off by telling a client there is no need to entertain me, they can chat if they like, or if not, no problem! I want you to get the best out of your treatment, and frankly the more relaxed you are, the easier my job is.
- Wondering about how to tip? DON’T. I personally think a massage treatment is not the place for a tip. Sorry RMT’s out there that disagree, but you don’t tip your physiotherapist or chiropractor do you? The best compliment to me if someone feels good after I give them a treatment is telling me you feel good! That’s why I do what I do, and there’s nothing better:)
- Wish I would spend more time on one area such as the scalp? TELL ME. Promise I will!
Remember, you are paying for a treatment, so it is extremely important for you to get the most out of your treatment…never be afraid to speak up. Any therapist worth their salt will strive to give you the best treatment that works for YOU.
Enjoy this day!
Like this? Want more and exclusive info sent to you? No spam, just good wellness info – I promise! Simply subscribe below!